For your convenience, we have listed below several of the most Frequently Asked Questions that are posed to us about pre-planning, funerals, and other end-of-life issues. Call or e-mail us anytime if you have further questions or if you want us to go into more specifics about your circumstances.
Why would I want to Pre-Plan my funeral?
• To make sure all details are taken care of ahead of time.
• To be certain your personal beliefs are represented.
• It allows you to control the tone and manor of your service.
• To spare your loved ones from a lot of confusion and anxiety.
• To lift the financial burden off your survivors.
• To become acquainted with your funeral director.
Who do I Pre-Plan with?
• A licensed funeral service professional. That includes every Funeral Director at all eight Chapman,
Cole & Gleason locations.
Things to consider when choosing a funeral director?
• Consider the funeral director's experience, reputation and ability to provide the type of service you desire.
• Consider the quality of his or her establishment.
• Consider choosing a Funeral Director who has traditionally served your family for several generations.
The Value of a Memorial Ceremony
• It's an opportunity to come together to offer support to family members and others.
• Testimony to a life that was lived and the continuing impact they have on us.
• Helps attendees face the reality of death.
• Encourages bereaved to express feelings.
• It's a time-honored way of saying, "Goodbye."
• Rite of passage.
• Helps one begin to let go.
• Earth Burial in a single grave or within a family lot
• Entombment in a mausoleum or crypt
• Anatomical Gift
• Caskets ranging from Solid Hardwoods such as, mahogany, oak and cherry and metal caskets such as
bronze, copper or steel as well as alternative containers
• Outer Burial Containers, used as added protection for the casketed remains and to keep the ground from
settling, range in materials made from reinforced concrete to precious metal lined burial vaults
• Urns, used as a permanent container for cremated remains, range in selection similar to caskets
• Costs vary according to the merchandise and services you select
• Include items such as Professional Services, Facilities, Motor Vehicles, Merchandise, Cash
Advances (Cemetery/Crematory Fees, Flowers, Newspaper Notices, etc.)
• Contact us for specific price information
Other Frequently Asked Pre-Planning Questions
Q. "Do I have to pre-pay my funeral?"
A. Pre-payment is only required if you wish to guarantee the funeral costs.
Q. "If I pre-pay, where are my funds held?"
A. Pre-paid funeral monies are held in, funeral trusts administered by New England Funeral Trust, or in
other investment vehicles, such as, insurance policies or annuities.
Q. "What happens if the funeral home goes out of business?"
A. Should the funeral home close, your funds, which are held separately, may be transferred to another
funeral home of your choice.
Q. "Am I able to change my pre-planned funeral plan?"
A. Yes, updates and changes may be made to your arrangements at any time.